Links to useful information on the
- Oral History can be an important part of your genealogy research. Check out these tips
about interviews on the Smithsonian web site.
Carolina Baptist Historical Collection - At Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem,
NC. From the web page: The North Carolina Baptist Historical Collection (also known as the
Ethel Taylor Crittenden Collection in Baptist History) documents the history of North
Carolina Baptist churches, institutions, and indivuduals. The collection contains
materials on Southern, Missionary, Primitive, African-American, Union, and Alliance of
Baptist churches. These materials include over 16,000 books, periodicals, association
annuals and other printed materials; church records; association minutes; and church
vertical files. In addition, there are more than 1000 biographical folders containing
information on and photographs of Baptist pastors and Wake Forest alumni.
Carolina Newspaper Project, Person County - information and dates about newspapers
published in Person County.
- Poorhouse" site
- includes a list of residents in the Person County Poorhouse from the 1850 census and
the 1870 census.
- Getting Started - NCGenWeb
page with tips for getting started.
- Links to North Carolina Resources
- NCGenWeb page with links to a variety of helpful pages with information about North
- Civil War Soldiers
& Sailors System - A National Park Service site that includes a data base of
- RootsWeb Death Records Data Base -
Many Person County death records are included here.
Links to USGenWeb Pages for
counties adjacent to Person County.
- The list of links to GenWeb pages for surrounding counties has moved to the Message Boards page on this site.
Links to other organizations.
- Caswell County Historical Association web
Links to web pages with
information about Person County families
- Ed Clayton's analysis of an 1856 letter from Wm C Clayton in
Kentcky to Tapp kin in Person County.