|home > cemetery
index > T D Clayton Cemetery
This page last updated on 12 August 2004
|T. D. Clayton Cemetery|
|Location: 286 Robert Gentry Road
Directions: US501S to left on Helena/Moriah Road (SR 1715) to left on Robert Gentry Road (SR 1740). In edge on woods behind pasture across from house.
Access: Not accessible without crossing 2 electric fences in 2004.
Survey: Aug 2004 by Ken Dalton and Becky Farlow
GPS Coordinates: 36 16 49.7 N 078 54 57.2 W (K&B)
There are 7 marked graves here. No others visible. There is also a fieldstone cemetery deeper in the woods to be surveyed at a later date.
(The information below is an exact transcription of the information on the stones. The lines on each stone are marked by a slash. Comments are in parentheses.)
1. L M CLAYTON / May 4, 1858 / June 29, 1924 / the sweet remembrances / of the just shall flourish / when they sleep in dust /
2. Sarah Minerva / wife of / T D CLAYTON / Born / March 9 1824 / Died / Oct 13, 1909 / Asleep in Jesus, Blessed sleep / From which none ever wake to weep / A calm and undisturbed repose / Unbroken by the least of foes. /
3. T D CLAYTON / July 31, 1826 / Sept 25, 1914 / An honest man's the / noblest work of God /
CLAYTON (double stone)
6. Charles / Herman / son of / Mr & Mrs J M / CLAYTON / July 18, 1901 / July 10, 1902 /
7. Infant / son of / Mr & Mrs J M / CLAYTON / Oct 18, 1905 /