|home > cemetery
index > Bartlett Yancey Allen Cemetery
This page last updated on April 4, 2007
|Bartlett Yancey Allen Cemetery|
|Location: Hassell Horton Road
Directions: From Roxboro, take 49 to left on Hassell Horton Road (SR 1138). Cemetery is in field on right.
Access: Cemetery is on private property but accessible to family by farm path.
Survey: Jan 2007 by Ken and Becky Dalton
GPS: 36 18 29.5 N 079 04 06.9 W
Notes: Although there is no evidence now, numerous sources state that directly behind the Allen graves were 30 to 50 graves marked by fieldstones.
There are only 2 marked graves but family documents show other Allen family members known to be buried there.
1. Susan Esper(an) / ALLEN / Apr 16, 1880 / Oct 27, 1928 (never married, daughter of BY & EW Allen)
2. PVT / Bartlett Y ALLEN / Co H / 24 NC TROOPS / CSA / Jun 18, 1836 / Dec 26, 1895 / (son of Reuben A & Barbaray Hawkins Allen)
The following graves are not marked but according to Mrs Martha Allen Rudder and 2 of her sisters the following are also buried here:
3. Emily Whitfield Allen, Sept 26, 1836-Nov 21, 1911, wife of B Y Allen, daughter of Thomas and Sarah Pearce Whitfield
4. Eugenia Ann Allen Oct 18, 1873-Jun 22, 1874, daughter of BY&EW Allen
5. John Egbert Allen, Jul 15, 1859-Oct 26, 1888, son of BY&EW Allen
6. Manerva Haseltine Blalock, May 26, 1858-1906, daughter of BY&EW Allen